strip in rpmbuild

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sun Jun 25 17:22:15 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 23:20 +0930, n0dalus wrote:
> On 6/25/06, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> >
> > Mingw's purpose is to enable to compile Unix SW to run it under Win,
> > such that people can avoid using Unix/Linux and harvest Unix SW under
> > Win.
> >
> > At least I am not interested in supporting this.

> You think that mingw allows people to avoid using Linux. This is
> incorrect in most circumstances, simply because Linux is not avoided;
> it's just ignored.

Let me put it this way: I've repeatedly been asked for mingw cross
toolchains. In 90% of such cases those people's motivation had been to
enable their users/customer to use a product under Win, because
"customers want to stay with Win" and "having to switch to Linux to be
able to use this product" would cause them not to chose the product.

I.e. I do not share your view. The real motivation for devs to chose
mingw is them wanting to avoid their customers getting in touch with
Linux.

Ralf