Moving ImageMagick to Extras?

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sun Jun 25 19:38:08 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 03:14:55PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:

> So it would appear that the only thing needing it to build is xfig and
> w3m-img.  However I'm not entirely sure repoquery is getting the srpms
> that require it, I'm almost certain there are a few things that
> BuildRequire: ImageMagick but they aren't getting picked up.
>
> w3m is needed by things like mutt, not sure if we want to move that to
> Extras (yet) (:

Is this (the "yet") a joke?  Is it really considered an option to move
mutt to Extras? :-(  And: what package would replace the functionality
of ImageMagick?  It may not be perfect, but it is still needed.  And
some time ago there was also a discussion about TeX and friends..

Please... let's keep the real UNIX power in Fedora Core and not only
focus on the GUI-tools (and I hope Red Hat will do the same for RHEL).

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>