Wild cry for package documentation

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 4 00:56:57 UTC 2006

Hi,

I send out a note to
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-March/msg00120.html
to document packages in Fedora Extras is a better way when the
installation or configuration procedures are non obvious and we are
seeing changes such as the Games Special Interest Group
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Games) tackling
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Games . I would like to see that happen
for Fedora Core packages too. Use the fedora wiki whenever you can. We
can publish them formally in Fedora if required.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

On a related note all the RHEL documentation is being relicensed to OPL
to match the new Fedora documentation licensing requirement and thereby
pushing in tons of nice documentation available soon for Fedora not to
mention less duplication of work.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2006-February/msg00110.html

Rahul