is system-config-keyboard still necessary?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 07:46:39 UTC 2006

On my system with system-config-keyboard-1.2.7-1.1
If I run in Gnome the System --> Administration --> Keyboard tool, it
gives absolutely nothing: only an empty window with title "Keyboard" and
inside a keyboard-key icon with the text "select the appropriate
keyboard for the system".
Wouldn't be useful to bind this menu with the gnome-keyboard-properties
 command?
But the last one is inside gnome control-center rpm, so I don't know
impact for kde users.
It could be that System --> Administration --> Keyboard actually tests
for the running DE environment and depending on result it runs the
corresponding program (for gnome, kde, xfce, etc.).