2GB swap partition limit?

Émeric Maschino emeric.maschino at jouy.inra.fr
Sun Mar 5 12:24:26 UTC 2006

Hi,

I didn't notice this earlier. On Feb. 11th, I completely reinstalled Fedora Core
on my Itanium workstation using the FTP method. All ran flawlessly and, by
contrast to my first attempt, the anaconda graphical screens were correctly
displayed.

My workstation has been upgraded to 6GB RAM. I let anaconda automatically manage
the partitions on the disk. It created a 4GB swap partition in a LVM volume.
But top, free and gnome-system-monitor all report that my swap space is 2GB
(more precisely, 1.9GB). IIRC, there was a 2GB limit partition for the swap
size in the past, but I thought this has been overcame.

Isn't it the case?

Cheers,

    Émeric