Postfix+LDAP segfault issues anyone?

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Mon Mar 6 16:48:26 UTC 2006

I updated my home server to FC5-test3/development over the weekend and
everything went fine except for Postfix.  I'm using Postfix to host my
virtual mail domains using LDAP (Phamm schemas).  After updating to
Postfix-2.2.8-1.2.x86_64, trivial-rewrite would bomb out upon every
message delivery.  Doing some straces on it, it looks like it queries
LDAP and gets a result, but suddenly segfaults for some reason, thus
preventing mail delivery from happening.  I tried rebuilding the postfix
SRPM on my system in case it was some odd-ball library dependency issue,
but I had the exact same issue.

After a lot of trial and error, I pulled the postfix SRPM from FC4
(2.2.2-2) and rebuilt it on my system and downgraded to it, and all is
well.  I'm just wondering if this is a problem specific to something in
my installation, or if other folks have seen this as well?

--
David Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>