Help Needed: FC5 Blocker List and Rawhide Install Testing

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Mar 8 17:04:40 UTC 2006

> Did you not have obsoletes enabled?  iiimf-libs at least should have
> been removed by scim obsoleting old versions.  Some packages being left

Yep, that's strange, I have scim-libs installed, and that package obsoletes
iiimf-libs. Something went wrong. Unfortunately I haven't redirected the
yum errors :-(

I have obsoletes enabled (this is the default, if I'm not wrong).

> isn't abnormal on an upgrade.

Yep, but won't these block later updates? For example gnome-kerberos
requires a lot of libs. I understand that yum cannot deal with those
packages, but maybe anaconda should? After more thinking, it is not obvious.
Indeed it could be possible that I rebuild locally new versions of a
package dropped from core and not obsoleted. So anaconda wouldn't be very
nice if it removed it. Maybe the only thing to do should be to explicitely
list such packages in the release notes. In the FC-4 release notes, there
is a list of packages moved to extras, but no list of packages dropped from
core and still not taken by extras.

--
Pat