FC5 Final Release

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Thu Mar 9 23:19:01 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 23:39 -0700, Stanton Finley wrote:

> This then begs the question why do the FC2, FC3, and FC4 installation
> media boot and install on the same machine without incident? What's
> different about the FC5 installation image kernel and can it be fixed?

Because the behavior of the int13h hook in your BIOS's CD reading code
depends not only on the inputs that it's supposed to depend on, but also
on some other factor, be it previous calls or some incorrect dependence
on another register's value.

If you really want this to work, you're either going to have to debug
it, or get a machine to somebody who can.  I can't really just guess
what your BIOS is doing.

--
  Peter