No more selinux-policy-*-sources

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 14:19:31 UTC 2006

On 3/14/06, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de> wrote:
> I've taken a look at AppArmor and it looks like a much more incremental
> and easier to use solution than selinux. It's not as powerful but all this
> power doesn't help much if most people will turn off selinux anyway because
> it gets in the way. Has anyone heard of any efforts trying to port it over
> to Fedora?

My understanding is that it still requires kernel patches which are
not in the mainline kernel yet. If you want to use it.. you'll have to
use a patched kernel. Snowball's chance in hell the Fedora kernels are
going to include apparmor specific patches that should be going into
mainline kernel for everyone to use.  You want to see it ported and
see it available in Fedora Extras... then go chew the novell
developers ears off about getting the required kernel patches into the
mainline kernel.  Please go read up in the lkml archives about
Immunix's SubDomain (newly renamed as Novell AppArmor) to gain insight
on where in the process things are to get Immunix's..err i mean
Novell's kernel patches into the mainline kernel.

-jef"New name==new press release==old news"spaleta