No more selinux-policy-*-sources

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 16:33:05 UTC 2006

On 3/14/06, Stephen J. Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3) They found a legitimate problem with selinux but did not have the
> tools to debug it or had the training needed to fix it.

I'm getting more comfortable with at least troubleshooting selinux
errors by looking for avc error messages in the logs. But sometimes i
run into head-scratching situations that people run into where there
are no avc error messages being generated but putting selinux into
permissive mode seems to help as a last resort.

Are there selinux interactions which will not generate avc messages as
a matter of selinux design?  If so how do i troubleshoot or even
confirm that selinux policy is what an application is tripping over in
those situations?

-jef