wpa_supplicant support for ifup

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Tue Mar 14 23:02:31 UTC 2006

> Harald Hoyer (harald at redhat.com) said:
> > What do you think about the attached patch to ifup-wireless? Works for me :)

> This should really be done in NM.

	Some of us would prefer to avoid being plagued by NM.  It
(wpa_supplicant) works just fine, independent of NM and I've just got it
hooked in the bottom of the ifup scripts as they describe doing on the
project site.  So far, I haven't found a problem that NM solves for me
and a few that it creates for me.  NM and wpa_supplicant should each be
optional and orthogonal to each other.

> Bill

	Mike