Help Needed: FC5 Blocker List and Rawhide Install Testing

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Mar 16 16:00:43 UTC 2006

> Rawhide developmental growing pains.  Clean OS installs will not have
> this problem, and upgrades direct from FC3/FC4 or older to FC5 final
> should either not have this problem, or should have very minimal
> issues at best.

As I said in the mail at the origin of the thread, there are a lot of
include files in /usr/X11R6/include/X11, and some directories and symlinks
in other directories, all are unowned (the openmotif issue is more serious
but seems unrelated).

Not a big deal. Maybe this could be documented in the release notes?

All in all I think that this can be considered as a successfull update.

> >The files in the -devel package install to /usr/include/X11 which was
> >(and might still be, if rpm -qf is reporting ownership of those files)
> >symlinked to /usr/X11R6/include/X11

It is not, at least in my case (FC-4 to devel yum update, a few days ago).

--
Pat