which gstreamer versions in official fc5?

Brian Pepple bdpepple at ameritech.net
Thu Mar 16 16:55:06 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 10:47 -0500, Ray Strode wrote:
> Hi,
> > On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 09:44 -0500, Ray Strode wrote:
> > > I believe the plan is to upgrade in FC5 updates, within a few days of
> > > the FC5 release.
> > >

> > Do you know if there is any plan to update libnotify to 0.3.2 for FC5?
> > I've got a couple of packages (gossip, xchat-gnome) that don't work with
> > 0.3.0 due to the api change.
> It was considered, but it requires the new notification daemon, and the
> new notification daemon requires libsexy which we don't ship.  At the
> time, it was a bit late in the development cycle to add a new package to
> the distribution.
>
> If you file a bug though, maybe we can do something.  For instance, make
> libsexy configure time optional or something.  Hard to say at this
> point.

Ray, thanks for the update.  I glanced at the latest notification daemon
tarball, and it looks fairly straight forward to make the libsexy
dependency option.  The only use of libsexy is in the theme.c file, and
it involves sexy-url-label.  If I've got some time this weekend, I'll
work on a patch to make libsexy option.

/B
--
Brian Pepple <bdpepple at ameritech.net>

BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B  CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E