Re-view FC5 hardware requirements for GNOME

Kevin Verma kevinverma at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 19:58:37 UTC 2006

Hello,

Quoting on the subject, I had gone through a review article for Gnome
2.14 and I began wondering if FC5 release notes should mention a
reviewed hardware requirement for GNOME 2.14 based desktop
installations, as per the facts delivered in this review article (
http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/03/17/0350228 ).

"Still, even allowing for my unscientific timing, the increase in
speed is impressive. It should be especially welcome on older,
RAM-challenged machines."

For some reasons I am not using rawhide as of now, so some one else
would be in a better position to suggest and test further, Rahul ?

I will also like to mention couple of facts that member developers of
FC team from developed countries could learn during Linux Asia 06,
(since those are not qouted much anywhere else) that in developing
nations, power disruptions affected and low on resources machines ....
--> expect Linux installations self recoverable,
--> expects software suspend an important feature,
--> expects lower hardware requirements.

Rahul, Chris, Greg ?

Thanks & Cheers,
Kevin