Wild and crazy times for the development tree

Richard Hally rhally at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 20 18:00:19 UTC 2006

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 18:08 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:59:57 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
>>
>>> to grab the fedora-release package from the FC5 release instead.  If
>>> you want to keep testing and helping to develop things for Fedora
>>> Core 6, expect for some fun to pop up as always.
>> Sooo... what are we going to break first?
>>

> I would love to see the -fstack-protector support for the kernel go in..

What does the schedule look like for FC6?
I would like to see a 5 month schedule:
March 20 - April 20 == development
then
3 weeks;
freeze for test1 May 12;
test1 out around May 19;
3 weeks;
freeze for test2 June 9;
test 2 out around June 16;
3 weeks;
freeze for test3 July 7;
test3 out around July 14;
4 weeks (bug fixes only);
freeze for final around Aug 11;
FC6 around Aug 20!

With a schedule like this, when there is the inevitable slippage we will
still be around 6 months between releases.