Wild and crazy times for the development tree

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Mon Mar 20 21:57:38 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 04:49:42PM -0500, Mike A. Harris wrote:
 > So, R300 dri support will be something you need to compile for yourself
 > for the time being if desired.  Also, our kernel does not have the
 > R300+ PCI IDs in it anymore, so you may need to recompile your kernel
 > as well.  Not sure what davej's specific plans are for that, but I hope
 > he keeps the R300 PCI IDs out of the kernel at least until the r300
 > DRI driver is remotely useable large-scale.

not that it seems to matter. X seems to be doing a 'modprobe radeon'
when it sees anything ATI.  Chopping the IDs out stops it being
initialised, but it appears that X does _something_ differently
just by having the module loaded even if its not using it.

I can keep them chopped out for the time being, but the downside is
we're not going to get a lot of coverage testing, so how will we know
when its 'good enough' ?

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk