java-1.4.2-gcj-compat package problem

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Mon Mar 20 22:15:40 UTC 2006

From: "Andrew Haley" <aph at redhat.com>
> I think you've got yum pointing at jpackage.org, not fedora.

Yes.

> Get rid of whatever yum config you have pointing at jpackage.org, and
> you'll see this:

Do we really need this sort of incompatibilities?

=
>  Package                 Arch       Version          Repository
Size

=
> Installing:
>  jpackage-utils          noarch     1.6.6-1jpp_2rh   development        50
>
> Transaction Summary

=

I don't have development enabled! I get this instead:

[root at dimi ~]# rpm -e --nodeps jpackage-utils
[root at dimi ~]# yum install jpackage-utils
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Downloading header for jpackage-utils to pack into transaction set.
jpackage-utils-1.6.3-1jpp 100% |=========================|  17 kB    00:00
---> Package jpackage-utils.noarch 0:1.6.3-1jpp_1rh set to be updated
--> Running transaction check

Dependencies Resolved

=
 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size
=
Installing:
 jpackage-utils          noarch     1.6.3-1jpp_1rh   base               46 k

Transaction Summary
=
Install      1 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)
Total download size: 46 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
(1/1): jpackage-utils-1.6 100% |=========================|  46 kB    00:00
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Installing: jpackage-utils               ######################### [1/1]

Installed: jpackage-utils.noarch 0:1.6.3-1jpp_1rh
Complete!

Much older jpackage-utils, it will get updated from jpackage
as soon as I enable it again :( Something is foobared...

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.