delrarpm in core or extras

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 13:47:42 UTC 2006

I have just tried the 'makedeltaiso' utility in the SuSE deltarpm 3.3
package . I was able to produce a FC5 i386 DVD ISO, Test3 -> Final
delta in only 300MB (10% of the size of the ISO).  xdelta didn't
produce any savings.

I think these deltarpm utilities are well worth making available in
extras or core (I estimate a RPM of 200KB). I'd volunteer myself, but
I have no experience with making RPMs (yet). It also seems to be quite
stable right now. Source at: ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/deltarpm/

Joe.

PS: if anyone is interested in that delta I mentioned above, I can
make it available via FTP/HTTP.