Mirrorlist missing mirrors?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Mar 21 17:26:25 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 07:00, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> I'm not sure whom to address this problem to exactly. The redirect
> issue affects both core and updates in the fc5 configs.

download.fedoraproject.org is a redirector.  It uses the mirrors found in the
-redirect version of the file (not sure if this is done automatically or
somebody reads the -redirect file and updates some other list for
redirection).  Elliot Lee is the person who is managing the redirector,
perhaps he can chime in (I've cc'd him).  Theoretically each time you load a
valid url from download.fedoraproject.org it would use a new mirror.  Firefox
won't work for testing this, but using links again and again will show that
it does indeed to go different hosts.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora