Mirrorlist missing mirrors?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 22:32:40 UTC 2006

On 3/21/06, Elliot Lee <sopwith at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>
> > It seems to be yum that cannot cope with the redirects.
>
> The yum I have installed (yum-2.6.0-1) seems to handle the redirects fine.

It's difficult for me to make such a claim based on yum-2.6.0-1 output
that I have available. Things may very well be redirected as expected
but there's not information being provided which I can use to confirm
that.

On top of that.. the mirrorlist approach fails to failover to a 2nd
mirror if there is a sync problem.. when only the redirector is used
as the only mirror in the list..even if its repeated in the list. That
has to be counted as regression in functionality... even if the
redirecting is working. Again very difficult to know whats going on
here from the clientside. I'd really appreciate it if you could define
a reasonably useful recipe for generating auditable content that I can
direct users to use so we can track which mirrors are causing
problems.. or if the redirection itself is causing a problem.  Is the
only way to audit this going to be having users fire up packet
sniffers and logging individual packages for review? I'd really like
to avoid that.

-jef