Announcing the release of Fedora Core 5

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Wed Mar 22 02:35:45 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 15:56 -0500, Max Spevack wrote:

> For those of you who don't yet know me, let me introduce myself.  I've
> been with Red Hat for about a year and a half, and over the course of the
> last month I've transitioned from an engineering and quality assurance job
> into a new role as Red Hat's Fedora Project Leader.
>
> My job is to represent the Fedora Project within Red Hat, to work with all
> of the leaders within the Fedora Project (the leaders within the community
> as well as inside of the Red Hat fenceline), and to set priorities and
> direction at the level of engineering, budget, testing, branding,
> marketing, and community building.

How does this affect Rahul Sundaram and his position?  Not that I am
trying to butt into Red Hat's business or whatever, just that he seems
to be the voice of Red Hat/Reason since this beta cycle began and just
seeing who we will be talking to, and who will be making decisions on
things and such.

Maybe an explanation/diagram of who reports to who, and who says what
type thing? (as in , developers to Rahul, Rahul to you, you to a
committee, etc..? something like that).  Might let us all understand how
this works as far as names and stuff *shrug*.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!"