Long wait after FC4 install

Jose' Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Wed Mar 22 08:17:04 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 00:50, Gérard Milmeister wrote:
I guess that you made a mistake in title, it should be FC5. :-)

> After the last package has been installed, the time left indicator
> shows 2 minutes. However, I presume the installer enters the seconds
> phase of yum install (Cleanup). This takes more than 2 minutes to say
> the least. Even if there is harddisk activity, it would be better to
> provide some feedback, just the same as with yum.

  For me the ETA disappeared. I suspected also that the cleaning stage was
occurring, as for large minutes the screen was the same.

  Using top I noticed that other than anaconda sometimes ld-config or
gnome-*-icons were running that confirms my suspicion about the cleaning
stage.

  Some sort of feedback would be nice. :-)

--
José Abílio