Removing dep for httpd from php?

Lamont R. Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Fri Mar 24 21:27:02 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 March 2006 02:47am, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:16:23 +0100, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
> > When running a server without a webserver installed, you can perfectly
> > install/use php anyhow. So why is that dep needed? Is there a chance
> > to get it removed on the next release? :-)
>
> This is because mod_php is contained in the package as well, I think.

Correct.

I think that mod_php should be in it's own package and not in php.  A mod_php
(or php-mod_php or php-mod or ...) package could still be built from the
existing SPEC fine without changing the build process.  We just want the
sub-package to depend on php & httpd.
--
Lamont R. Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor