FC5 weird raid issues

Dax Kelson dax at gurulabs.com
Mon Mar 27 02:35:30 UTC 2006

...... Original Message .......
On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 11:51:58 +0200 "dragoran" <dragoran at feuerpokemon.de>
wrote:
>I just deleted the raid and recreated it and now it seems to work fine.
>(running FC5 with md raid now).
>But the bug still needs to be fixed.
>But I don't like to reinstall FC6 when its out upgrade from raid should
>work as it did before FC5.

Are you using or have you ever used 'motherboard RAID' on the hard drive
you are installing to?

The reason I ask is because, new with FC5, if fake motherboard RAID
metadata is detected then dmraid is automatically activated and the
underlying physical partitions are 'hidden' so as to (properly) prevent
accidental direct writes to part of the RAID.

___
Dax Kelson
Sent with my Treo