Open-link misbehavior

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 08:24:24 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 22:30 -0500, Dimi Paun wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 22:05 -0500, Willem Riede wrote:
> > I have to disappoint you. I positively love, love love this behavior.
> > Please do not assume everybody thinks like you do.
> I did complain about the fact that when the Firefox window is on a
> different desktop than Evolution (or any other app that tries to open a
> link for that matter), there is no feedback whatsoever about where it
> was opened! Is _this_ lack of feedback that you "positively love"?

The window list button flashes for me (but I do have the "Show all
workspaces..." preference set and a large vertical window list.  I
definitely do *not* want a new firefox window opening, or the current
one pulling to this workspace by default since my habit is to read mail
and stack up any urls to look at later rather than switch from one to
the other and back.

So I *am* happy with the current behaviour.   Except on the very rare
occasions when I'm not - and thats likely to last until the direct
neural hookup and DWIM interface is in place.

	Nigel.