GUI controls for instrumentation

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Mar 27 17:46:45 UTC 2006

--On Friday, March 24, 2006 8:33 PM -0700 "Lamont R. Peterson"
<lamont at gurulabs.com> wrote:

> Trust me, I've written enough code in various languages and using various
> frameworks and toolkits to know that when you want stable, simple,
> reliable  cross-platform code, Qt is excellent.

I was looking at Qt. The developer license is pricey but probably doable.
What does it provide for the kinds of controls I mentioned? Do you know of
any demo apps I can look at that illustrate how well they function?

As an example of the kind of app I'm thinking of, consider a model train
control panel which can control the speeds of various locomotives and
report track conditions in real time (eg. graphing the impedance of the
tracks).

For an example of the kinds of controls I'm looking for, National
Instruments' Measurement Studio is an instrumentation GUI control library:

<http://www.ni.com/mstudio/>

And as you can see, there's no Linux port.