Fedora Core 5 common issues and bugs

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 19:11:24 UTC 2006

The Thinkpad seems to be cropping up alot in bug reports... after a
lot of sweat and tears I have regained most of my Thinkpad's
functionality since the upgrade (actually a fresh install repeated
several times). However I am partly to blame: I should have tried to
install the test releases and filed the bug reports early.

Laptops are the most problematic hardware but they are probably the
least tested because installing test releases can be very awkward:
Laptops tend to have small disks. That is further reduced by that
partition for the  "Other" operating system which we were forced to
buy. So there isn't much left for a third experimental operating
system.

One solution I can think of: facilitate installation on a USB disk.

Another solution which will probably take too much work: make some
sort of LiveCD with sufficient functionality to test all the hardware
compatibility.

Joe.