GUI controls for instrumentation

Lamont R. Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Tue Mar 28 08:06:33 UTC 2006

On Sunday 26 March 2006 10:27am, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le dimanche 26 mars 2006 à 17:58 +0100, Dariusz J. Garbowski a écrit :
> > >
> > > Java is only write-once, run everywhere if you define everywhere as a
> > > very specific static OS image :(
> >
> > Come to think of that... Any multi-platform, multi-os or even
> > multi-distro (where w95/w98/w2k/wxp can be called "distro" for the
> > purpose of this argument) will suffer from mentioned support issues
>
> Sure, but other software communities recognize the problem and try to
> create tools to ease the pain. Sun java is unfortunately often in denial
> and lala-lala land when you try to tell them there is a wide margin
> between write once and run everywhere in the actual world

I have yet to write Qt code on one platform that required any tweaking (except
to add Windows Registry use when the "need" arose) to compile on all other
platforms for which Qt is available and to which I have access.

Qt is great write once, compile many places portability.
--
Lamont R. Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor