Fedora's way forward

Benjy Grogan benjy.grogan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 11:39:03 UTC 2006

On 3/28/06, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
> n0dalus wrote:
> > I personally hope that MPEG (2,3,4,etc) and other proprietary formats
> > will remain out of Fedora until there are no patent/IP issues with it.
> > I am still concerned that Fedora decided, without any justification to
> > the community that I've seen, to include wine and mono.
>
> More on Mono:
> http://gregdek.livejournal.com/4008.html

Awesome.  OIN is a step in the right direction.

I think the lawyers at Red Hat have to come up with a solution for
those who want to use Fedora as their OS, and pay a small price if
that must be to have all the necessary codecs on their system.

It seems like the war is being won by the software developers but it's
the lawyers who are failing.  Linux needs better lawyers.

Benji