Fedora's way forward

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Mar 29 14:23:38 UTC 2006

Once upon a time, Rowan Kerr <rowan at stasis.org> said:
> This is what I have been concerned about for a while now. It looks like
> the next commercial version of Suse will have all kinds of media support
> through RealPlayer instead of the FOSS-only HelixPlayer. What will the
> next version of RHEL provide?

I don't know what the next version of RHEL will provide, but as I
already said, the most recent version (and IIRC the version before that)
included RealPlayer, Acrobat Reader, Flash, and Java.  Even the old
boxed Red Hat Linux included many of those things; they just weren't
included in the download version (due to licensing restrictions).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>