Where is the kernel source package for FC5 GA?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 16:51:13 UTC 2006

> > > We have all this information in the release notes which we spend many
> > > many hours writing. So you might as well as read it.
> > > http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc5/#sn-Kernel
> >
> > Thanks Rahul, I only found out about the release notes yesterday
> > when someone else mentioned them.
>
> I am curious. How did you manage to *miss it* ?. It has a rather
> prominent button in the installer, default page for the browser,
> mentioned usually in the release announcements etc.

Don't be silly, Rahul, everybody knows we Americans can't read. :-)

In all seriousness, I'm betting your question is rhetorical and stems
from the frustration of putting so much work into the process only to
see endless questions like this.  (Your work is very much appreciated,
by the way.)  In case it's not rhetorical, perhaps we could put a big
modal dialog at the opening of Anaconda saying something like,

"Hidden in the release notes is a secret key to enabling MP3, DVD, and
Shockwave in your new Fedora system.  To find it, you'll have to read
them to find the secret.  Click 'OK' to open the Release Notes window."

/me dons abestos and jumps into bunker