Fedora's way forward

Michael J Knox michael at knox.net.nz
Wed Mar 29 19:40:08 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> [Please quote more appropriately rather than including the entire mail
> while replying to it]
>
>> Right on the money Eric.
>>
>> I love Fedora Core. In the world of Linux it is The Class Act. However I
>> would like to see it's core philosophical paradigm expanded to
>> accommodate the pragmatic reality of what the average user really wants
>> and what he actually installs on his Fedora machine in practice.
>
> You mean to say that Fedora should give up its support towards Free and
> open source software and adopt proprietary formats and software in the
> name of pragmatism. Not a good idea IMO. There are already other
> distributions out there which does this if this is really the only thing
> you want.

Rahul,

I don't see where he said give up on free and open source formats and
software. In fact, he said *expanded* not "give up on". I suggest not
putting words in peoples mouths (or emails as it is).

Nor do I think telling someone "There are already other distributions
out there which does this if this is really the only thing you want" is
the correct way to tackle, what is, a real world issue.

Michael