Fedora's way forward

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Thu Mar 30 21:42:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 13:41 -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> > Are you happy with just adding support for mp3 or would WMA
> > support follow up on that next?
> Since you mention it, yes.  If we can support what users want to do,
> we should.

No, no, no.  In exactly the same way that the customer is clearly not
always right, users' desires are not always good ideas.  We must listen
to our users, but doing everything they want exactly as they want is
*not* the way to get the best distro possible.

Please, quit chasing after this senseless holy grail.  Or at least quit
posting about it.

--
  Peter