xorg-x11-xkbdata, xkbdata, xkeyboard-config and you

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Wed Mar 1 21:59:17 UTC 2006

Mike A. Harris wrote:
> This should resolve various keyboard quirks that have been reported
> in different components throughout FC5 testing, but may introduce
> a few new bugs too.  Overall, since it is the only maintained
> xkbdata however, even if there are a few bumps, they'll be ironed
> out via modular package updates easily enough, unlike the situation
> we'd have if we shipped the X.Org xkbdata and let it rot.
>
> Hope your keyboards all do the happy dance now.

Update:

Some backward compatible options were disabled in the
xorg-x11-xkbdata-1.0.1-5 build which contains xkeyboard-config.

This has caused some problems for various users, and has been
fixed in the 1.0.1-6 release.  If you are experiencing any problems
with the 1.0.1-5 release, before filing a bug report in bugzilla,
please update to the -6 release, which can be found at:

xorg-x11-xkbdata-1.0.1-6 is now available for download via ftp at the
following URL:  ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris/testing/unstable

After updating to -6, and restarting X, if you still have problems,
please search bugzilla to see if it has been reported already or not
(we get a lot of dupes for things like this, please help to limit
them), and if nobody's reported it yet, please file a new bug and
we'll go from there.

Thanks again to all the people testing FC5 development!

--
Mike A. Harris  *  Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca
                       Proud Canadian.