dropdown menu's

Sat Mar 4 23:37:54 UTC 2006

Hey all,

This is something that already bothers me a while, i think it never
really worked as expected, but i am not sure if it is a "my machine
only" kind of problem.

Dropdown menu's that don't fit on the screen are not displayed
correctly. For example take the gimp file-open dialog. When you move the
dialog to the bottom border of the screen, and press the "All Files"
dropdown menu, the menu will open, and the bottom of the menu will be
aligned with the bottom of the screen, the top of the menu will be
somewhere mid screen. But the first entry will be at the location of the
position of the dropdown box, and so everything above that position is
empty. I tried to make a screenshot, but that didn't work with the
dropdown box open, i suggest to just try it. Since it happens with every
GTK application, it smells like an GTK issue.

- Erwin