acpi command line client in core?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Mar 6 16:05:53 UTC 2006

> Things like hal / gnome-power-manager right now works well for the core
> distribution (some day we'll even get rid of acpid) so I'm not sure why
> acpitool (which admittedly may be useful for admins / expert users with
> special needs) can't stay in Fedora Extras?

It can stay in Extras, it is just a proposition. But it may be interesting
to have a command line acpi client, even for non-experts, but for those
who have a basic use of the command line. Using an abstraction layer with
hal seems better, but is there a command line interface to that abstraction
layer?

--
Pat