Help Needed: FC5 Blocker List and Rawhide Install Testing

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Mar 8 16:03:41 UTC 2006

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> 2) Leftovers
>
> After the update, I had those packages from fc4 still installed:
>
> gnome-kerberos system-config-mouse comps perl-XML-Encoding gimp-gap
> iiimf-libs
>
> I could remove them without any issue, and they didn't blocked any update.
>
> I investigated a bit, gnome-kerberos system-config-mouse and gimp-gap
> weren't needed by anything, comps was needed by an apt subpackage (from
> extras if I'm not wrong),  perl-XML-Encoding was needed by foomatic and
> perl-libxml-enno, and it seems that perl-libxml-enno has been obsoleted
> by other perl modules.

Regarding perl-XML-Encoding, perl-libxml-enno, and foomatic, see
Bugzilla #128879

Basically, perl-libxml-enno has been split into (some of) its
constituent modules (I believe perl-XML-DOM should obsolete it), and
perl-XML-Encoding, which was a dep of perl-libxml-enno, is no longer
needed in FC5 and so was dropped. foomatic has dropped the deps on these
packages too.

Paul.