FC5 test3 udev hang

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 08:13:32 UTC 2006

Hi,
I just put my hands an a shiny Acer Travelmate 8202WLMi laptop so I
decided to give a try to FC5. The installation wen fine, but upon
first reboot I an stuck at:

Starting udev:_

Admittedly, I did _not_ expected FC to work fine on that, having a
bunch of fancy new hardware in there ( Centrino Core Duo, wifi
ipw3945ABG, SATA HD and so on ), so this is just for the records.

If someone also has an idea on how to get it booting, I could try to
upgrade the beast so I can see if newer packages fixes the problem.

Thanks a lot

Gianluca