wpa_supplicant support for ifup

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Wed Mar 15 01:02:07 UTC 2006

On Wednesday, 15 March 2006 at 00:02, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 12:26 -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Harald Hoyer (harald at redhat.com) said:
> > > What do you think about the attached patch to ifup-wireless? Works for me :)
>
> > This should really be done in NM.
>
> 	Some of us would prefer to avoid being plagued by NM.  It
> (wpa_supplicant) works just fine, independent of NM and I've just got it
> hooked in the bottom of the ifup scripts as they describe doing on the
> project site.  So far, I haven't found a problem that NM solves for me
> and a few that it creates for me.  NM and wpa_supplicant should each be
> optional and orthogonal to each other.

+1

Personally, I find NM quite troublesome and the named dependency puts me
off immensely. Why the hell do I need to install a domain name server(!)
on a laptop? I'm sticking with ifup/ifdown for the time being.

Regards,
R.

--
       RPM repository for Fedora Core http://rpm.greysector.net/
mpg321, xmp, faad2, lame, mad, *mplayer*, rdesktop, tin, xvid, mks, mutt