Wild and crazy times for the development tree

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Mon Mar 20 20:40:10 UTC 2006

man, 20 03 2006 kl. 19:45 +0100, skrev Arjan van de Ven:

> personally I think the current 9 month schedule wasn't too bad (ok the
> end slipped too much but lets ignore that bit); it gives enough time to
> do fundamental improvements. For fc6 it would be nice if boot speed was
> further improved for example, and since initscripts are tricky and need
> lots of testing... a bit of extra time would be neat

I tend to agree, the 9 month cycle worked wonderfully, Fedora Core 5 is
by far the best release the Fedora Project has put out yet and as a
tester I enjoyed having that extra time to see new fundamental changes
take place and get bugs tracked down.

If the new init system can be delivered this cycle I would love to see
it, I don't see 9 month cycles being a price to pay, more likely it's a
benefit for most everybody (opinion taken from the most reliable source
in the world.. my backside).

But let's get a clear roadmap down this time, what features are
essential for the next cycle?

- David