Mirrorlist missing mirrors?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 15:00:09 UTC 2006

On 3/21/06, Avi Kivity <avi at argo.co.il> wrote:
> [avi at firebolt ~]$ wget -q -O -
> http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-5
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/$ARCH/os/
>
> A few more mirrors would help reduce the load...

the file fedora-core-5-redirect is an actual mirrorlist file.
Appearently there is suppose to be some serverside redirect magic
going on which is non-obvious from the client side yum configuration.

I've turned on verbose mode on the fastestmirror plugin I'm using to
see the list of mirrors which fastestmirror plugin is suppose to be
"timing" to make its judgement. And I'm not seeing the mirrors as
listed in the -redirect file in the fastestmirror output.  So from my
pov whatever magic on the server which is suppose to be redirecting
clients to use fedora-core-5-redirect mirrorlist isn't working afaict.

I'm not sure whom to address this problem to exactly. The redirect
issue affects both core and updates in the fc5 configs.

-jef