Mirrorlist missing mirrors?

Avi Kivity avi at argo.co.il
Tue Mar 21 16:07:51 UTC 2006

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 3/21/06, Ralph Angenendt <ralph+fedora at strg-alt-entf.org> wrote:
>
>> I don't think so.
>>

> Or perhaps...the single mirror listed in the mirrorlist is acting as a
> redirect at the http server level... redirecting you to some other
> http mirror based on http server logic which we can't easily evaluate
> via normal client interaction... essentially short-circuiting the
> normal mirrorlist behavior we've grown used to in previous versions.
> I don't have a clear understanding as to expected behavior now and I
> need an explanation from the mirror infrastructure developers as where
> things stand. Something has certaintly appeared to have changed, but
> without understanding the change it will be difficult to troubleshoot.

no. we have a single mirror active, and doing a 'yum upgrade' is an
exercise in futility as after 4-5 headers the mirror will reject the
connection due to overload and yum will exit saying no more mirrors are
available.

the corresponding file for FC4 has all the mirrors listed, someone just
needs to go and update it.