Wild and crazy times for the development tree

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 16:32:50 UTC 2006

On 3/21/06, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:

> Like I've said, I don't think that a nine month cycle actually does
> anything to significantly help here.  The problem is that then, if I
> have something else pop up, it's easier to have it interrupt working on
> whatever big new thing.  And it still ends up getting done at the last
> minute.  I'm convinced this is a fundamental law of software
> development :-)

Well it is a fundamental law of life. The gain in 9 months here was
that I as a tester could let real life deal me its usual blows and I
could still do some testing and finding of stuff before we crashed.  I
did not have that luxury with FC2 and basically dropped doing anything
with it.. and only was able to pick up FC3 at around its release time.
I didnt look at FC4 until it came out. I will probably have to blow
off FC6 on a sixth month schedule and do some work with FC7.  I might
be a statistical outlayer.. but it seems to be a constant
question/reply from other people using Fedora here in Government land
(or  us guys over 35 land with kids land.)

> Jeremy
>
> --

Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator