Mirrorlist missing mirrors?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Mar 21 19:00:49 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 10:27, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> Is it failing? Its very difficult to make a claim as to what is
> failing and how, if competent troubleshouters can't reproduce behavior
> with enough detail to pinpoint a problem. And right now the available
> debugging information in yum isn't verbose enough to see the redirects
> as they happen and tell the users about which mirror is being used.
> This makes reproducibility and documentation of a problem...
> difficult.

What exactly do you want from me here?  This in itself could be considered a
failure.  File a bug as such.  If you're getting repeated failures running
yum, but pointing yum to the -redirect version of the mirrorlist file
consistently works, this would indicate a failure in the way the redirect is
working for yum.