Unable to mount cd & dvd after upgrading to FC5

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 22:38:45 UTC 2006

On 3/22/06, Igor Jagec <igorm5 at vip.hr> wrote:
>I even tried to run hal deamon manually, to play
> with gnome-mount and so on, but all of that didn't help. I tried to 'rpm
> -V hal', but I got no output. Is there any way to solve that problem
> manually? To make hal to detect my hdc and hdd devices? Any help would
> be highly appreciated.

1) if you tried to run it manually... does that mean it wasn't running already?
2)is the dbus stuff running correctly?  /sbin/service messagebus status

3) does the outout of lshal  show your hdc and hdd devices?
there should be a block of output starting with  udi = something
and ending with linux.sysfs_path = something
for both the hdc and hdd device

for example look for block.device = '/dev/hdc' near the end of the
block of information that defines the hdc device

4) I'm still not sure what you attempted exactly, so its pretty
difficult to provide any feedback.

-jef