The joys of rawhide returning to form

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de
Thu Mar 23 00:50:35 UTC 2006

darrell pfeifer wrote:
> X broke
>
> There was an X server update. I have an ATI Radeon R300 so am involved
> in the DRI fray. In previous versions commenting out the load of the
> DRI module worked but in the new version DRI looks like it is still
> attempted and I get the black screen of death. Reverted to the X
> server rpm off the FC5 cd.

X has worked fine on my r300 based card (9500pro) before the last update
even with 'Load "dri"' present in xorg.conf. Now EXA support seems to be
broken though:

(**) RADEON(0): Using EXA acceleration architecture
(II) Loading sub module "exa"
(II) LoadModule: "exa"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libexa.so
(II) Module exa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
         ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 0.8
(WW) module major version (2) doesn't match required major version (1)
(II) UnloadModule: "exa"
(II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libexa.so
(EE) Failed to load module "exa" (module requirement mismatch, 0)

Regards,
   Dennis