Anaconda: good work!

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 19:58:09 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, Hans Kristian Rosbach <hk at isphuset.no> wrote:
> Just thought I'd voice this before the maintainers just let go
> and completely focus on the one for FC6. I bet obvious fixes
> will be detected in the starting phase of developing for FC6
> and those might be backported to FC5 aswell.

Installer bugs happen with pretty much each release. fixed boot.isos
are usually made available as links in bugzilla tickets as issues are
addressed and I believe there is a mechanism which is applied to
incorporate fixes into the mirrors so people doing network installs
can avoid some problems.

But at no point have I ever seen any discussion at any time which
suggests the release team is interested in spinning up replacement
isos and distributing them.  And quite frankly I don't think this is
the most appropriate time to suggest a change in the release model
used. This is the sort of thing that should be debated during the
testing phase, so plans can be in place to support respins if you are
able to convince the people who have to do them that its a good idea.
I don't think your request for fc5 anaconda updates post release day
is going to change any minds as to the support tradeoffs associated
with official respins that incorporate installer changes.

-jef"too little too late"spaleta