Anaconda: good work!

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 21:42:37 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 21:43, Chris Adams wrote:

> A cow-orker in the next cube is red/green colorblind and most often
> cannot tell between the two (even with solid colors).  With some things,
> if both are side by side, he can tell, but if you just present one or
> the other, he usually cannot.

 Yeah, that kinds makes sense. I do have that problem with some colours (just
luckily not at the console, usually ... it helps that it's a nice big monitor
so there's plenty of colour to see, I think).

> There's also blue/yellow colorblind (more rare). :-)

 It is, indeed, much rarer, but yes, all should be catered for in some way.
There are, though, limits to what one can do (alas); at some point it all
degenerates to "have to read the text". Blinking for example is only a single
attribute, after all, and "bold" or "underlined" still only gives you eight
combinations. Also by that point even normally sighted people are becoming
confused, anyway.