Anaconda: good work!

Jon Burgess jburgess at uklinux.net
Fri Mar 24 15:05:02 UTC 2006

Chris Lumens wrote:
> We can't really do this easily.  Making a new anaconda means making new
> first and second stage images, which means making new CD and DVD images,
> which means a huge headache for mirrors and for keeping track of all
> these versions of images floating around.

Using Jigdo http://atterer.net/jigdo/ could help reduce the amount of
data needed to be stored by the mirrors for a re-spun CD/DVD ISOs. It
reduces the amount of data to be downloaded if the user already has the
original ISOs.

It also allows enables other things like making a set of CD ISOs from
the RPMS on a DVD ISO (or the reverse).

I see it has just been added to extras-devel if anyone wants to try it out.

	Jon