PHP-5 seems to be screwed on FC-5

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 22:24:05 UTC 2006

On 3/24/06, Casimiro de Almeida Barreto <casimiro.barreto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yesterday I updated one of my servers to FC-5. The primary effect sensed
> was that PHP-5 seems to be broken. Oh... yeah... it works up to a
> certain point but, after that, it miserably fails.
>
> For instance, I have a ridiculous program that count hits. It stopped
> working. Not only a single f_ck_g error message or warning in the
> logs... I have an schedule program that works with MySQL and now it is
> simply unable to deal with ISO-8859-1 encoding... Oh... by the way...
> also refuses to work properly in UTF-8 (not that suported by MySQL
> itself) and other oddities... But as ALL UNIVERSE speaks English, why to
> bother with those who don't...

Dear Casmiro, please provide more information for this problem. I
realize you are tired and cranky because your system is broken.. but
some help please. Deep breath and try again.

1) What is the hardware of the affected system?
      CPU
      Motherboard
      Memory
      SATA disk drive controller
      Software raid/hardware raid
      USB controller
      Sound controller
      Network controller

2) What are the settings of the system
     LANG
     Swap space

3) Some changes seem to reorder the count order on some disk drives
controllers (but not all). I don't know the full info on this.. but it
seems to cause RAID-1 to not boot on some system because the sdb drive
gets grub and sda does not.

4) What PHP modules do you have loaded on the system?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator